15 May 2010

What is it?!

In the name of research for my course, I went to the market and bought kale, because I've never had it before. Only one stall had it and this is what it looked like:
And I carried that sucker from the market, all the way home, with lots of stares and people asking me what it was. Some lovely old Italian lady was very enthused - 'It's beautiful! What is it?' - she was very cute.


In case you don't know, kale is a cruciferous veg (read; same family as broccoli, cauliflower etc) and has lots of minerals including Iron and Calcium. More info here.

Not that you can really see it, but I am wearing my new Metalicus turtle neck (green) and Metalicus tights (navy with black polka dots). I also bought a Metalicus dress and another long sleeved top. All up, I paid $181.30 and saved $195.00. I bought it all at the DFO store, and they had a deal: buy 1 item save 10%, by 2 save 20%, and buy 3 save 30% on the already reduced prices. How sweet is that?!! And the clothes are definitely keeping me warm and cozy. Metalicus website here.


I'm off to get ready for a date with Matt (first one in AGES!). I have no idea where we are going (or what to wear - eep!) but I am very excited! And my lovely friend Tom is having a party tonight - should be good. =)


I hope you all have a lovely weekend too!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment